Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! We will be featuring May’s SOTM, which is called Flowers for You, a set of fourteen stamps.
If you have come here from ALYSON’S BLOG, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on MELINDA’S BLOG. To move through the hop, just click the link at the bottom of each post. I’m sure you will be inspired by all the amazing projects you see along the way.
Let’s have a look at this month’s beautiful set of stamps.
I particularly love the sentiments, which we don’t always see in other sets, as well as that circle cluster of flowers. It is the one I chose to play with first to make my sister-in-law a birthday card.
The size of this stamp fits perfectly on the base circle of the Circle Shaker Window Thin Cuts from the CTMH Core Catalogue. I chose to stamp in clear VersaMark ink and heat emboss the image in gold. Once it cooled, I coloured in the flowers with a Red Shimmer Brush – the embossing resisted the glitter pen, so it was easy to stay within the lines of the stamp.
The shaker window is filled with gold loose sequins, which is a pretty mix of shiny and dull metallic shapes, as well as almost see through ones. I wasn’t sure what colour to use for the stitched top layer of the window, and played around with a few options, including red and gold, before settling on the black, which upped the elegance factor a little (thanks, Alyson, for your input on this one!) 😊
The sentiment is also heat embossed in gold to match the flower stamp, and is popped up on thin 3D foam tape over a strip of black shimmer trim to reflect the shaker window.
For the background, I went with a Candy Apple colour using the Stitched Lattice Background thin cut, over a piece of gold metallic paper. I think it also adds to the elegance of the card.
The last step was to add a few Gold Glitter Gems to embellish the sentiment and tie the colours all together. I like when the same colours are reflected throughout a project – in this case: gold, red, black, and just a bit of white.
Here is a full list of supplies I used (all CTMH, unless stated otherwise):
- Inks and Colouring: VersaMark Ink Pad, Red Shimmer Brush
- Stamp Sets: May 2021 Stamp of the Month: Flowers for You
- Thin Cuts: Circle Shaker Window Thin Cuts, Stitched Lattice Background Thin Cuts, Stitched Scalloped Brackets Thin Cuts (for the sentiment)
- Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper
- Embellishment: Gold Loose Sequins, Gold Glitter Gems, Black Shimmer Trim
- Adhesive: Thin 3-D Foam Tape, Dual-Tip Multi-Bond Glue Pen, Circle Shaker Window Foam + Acetate
- Other: White Cards and Envelope Value Pack, Princess Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
Remember that the Stamp of the Month is only available in the featured month, so this one retires on May 31st.
About CTMH Stamp of the Month Special:
- Regularly priced at $25.75, customers can get it for $6.75 with a qualifying order of $60 (before tax)
- VIP customers can add the SOTM for free to their qualifying order of $60 (before tax) – click here to learn more about becoming a VIP customer to take advantage of this special offer.
Contact your CTMH Consultant, or click here, to shop the products in this project. If you don’t have a CTMH Consultant yet, and are based in Canada, I would be happy to help you out – reach out any time!
Now “hop” on over to see what creative fun DARLYS has in store for you on her blog!
Thanks for joining me!
Aggie – Arrows of Hope Designs 💘